terça-feira, 4 de outubro de 2005

As letras de Rapture of the Deep

O The Highway Star botou no ar as letras do Rapture of the Deep. Tem pérolas assim:

Money goes to money
Yes it always returns
Finds its way back to the big house
Where it lives all alone
Wraithlike silent partners
Operators of the system
Give words of quiet assurance
To an otherwise healthy victim
- Money Talks

It wasn't meant that way
I was only having fun
She looked me in the eye
But the damage was done
I got the vague impression
She was under my thumb
I looked the other way
And I had to succumb
- Girls Like That

I plead not guilty to the charges you've laid out on your desk
I know what you're thinking "Oh yes - this is a DSF"
I think I'm prime ministerial material but I can't lie to you
- Wrong Man

We're all the same but then again we're all quite different in our own peculiar ways
We've come so far and now we're going through another phase
But it's alright
We made it so far
- Rapture of the Deep

How many words we waste
To justify a crime
Compare it to an act of love
That really takes no time
Why not take a moment
Of your time
Inside your mind
- Clearly Quite Absurd

You always sleep with a smile on your face
Much as I want to put myself in your place
Not my business I've got dreams of my own
I try to recall but when I wake up it's gone
- Don't Let Go

I read in the news that the average man
Is uplifted five times a day
I'm confused, I have to confess
My feeling never goes away
I know it's right:
They asked the average man
In a survey across the nation
I can't understand how the average man
Keeps losing his concentration
- Back to Back

Yes I piss in the water and burn down trees
I watch as the creatures fall to their knees
They ain't got a clue as disaster looms
They're too busy choking on toxic fumes
They got no hope and there's no point running
No matter what they do I keep on coming
- Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye

I was driving through the night
Into an endless tunnel of fog
When it dawned upon me something was wrong
Was in a trance, hypnotised, bored beyond belief
I was listening to the same old song
I know every lick, every word, every nuance
I’m on first name terms with the crew
But I’d better get used to this tout du jour
Sure as hell they won’t play anything new

(...)Let’s not talk about MTV
I don’t even want to start
I want to take a look at classic rock radio
We’re talking about the state of the art
- MTV

Mangy old dog scratching in the dust
Burned out Mercedes surrendering to rust
All this stuff was good for something
But here it is now, good for nothing
- Junkyard Blues

For the first precious few it's time to go
What might have been we'll never know
All those bad ideas became the law
Oh yes, we've forgotten what we're looking for
All of you angels it's time to gather your wings
Leave it all behind you won't need any of those things
We're going on through the darkness hand in hand
To step into the future
Before time began
- Before Time Began

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário